You may have seen the window well covers at your local hardware store that look like this
THINK BEFORE YOU BUY A GENERIC WINDOW WELL COVER!
This may seem like a great option to cover your window well, however, these pre made covers really do not do a great job of providing safety from your window well. These generic window wells also do not have many other added benefits of custom window well covers like those made by Colorado Custom Welding.
Just looking at the two covers side by side you can see the difference in functionality and looks.
Colorado Custom Welding Window Well Cover
Pre Fabricated Window Well Cover
Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers are different from the prefabricated ones in many ways.
- The metal used in Colorado Custom Welding’s covers is small enough to let air circulate through (this prevents a sauna forming in your window well)
- The metal he metal used in Colorado Custom Welding’s covers is small enough to prevent animals paws and children feet and hands from getting stuck
- Each window well cover made by Colorado Custom Welding is custom made which means there will not be large gaps
- You can pick a variety of powder coating colors to match your home (for a full list of colors available visit http://www.coloradocustomwelding.com and click on the colors tab)
- Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers come with locks and chains for added security from intruders.
To learn more about how to order your custom window well cover visit us at http://www.coloradocustomwelding.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado Custom Welding window well covers can protect your home and family from many dangers. To find out how you can keep your pets, kids, family and wildlife safe with Colorado Custom Welding’s custom window well covers keep reading.
- Window well covers from Colorado Custom Welding protect children from falling into wells and getting injured. Uncovered window wells are a hazard to children as it is easy for them to fall down and become hurt or trapped. Window well covers from Colorado Custom Welding have a lifetime warranty on all welds, which means they are strong enough to hold the weight of any family member who walks across them without fear of them falling.
- Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers protect pets from falling in uncovered window wells.
- Wildlife is protected from falling and getting trapped in uncovered window wells when you cover your wells with Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers. Wildlife is abundant in Colorado. Protect these animals from getting trapped in window wells by keeping them covered. Animals such as frogs, rabbits, mice, birds and even deer often loose their life due to uncovered window wells. Check out these videos of animals that have fallen victim to uncovered window wells: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/WATCH-Man-Rescues-Fawn-From-Window-Well-266408311.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpIpsBjY20E
- Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers keep home intruders out of your home. All of Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers come with chains and locks to help deter and keep any unwanted people from entering your home from the window well. The locks are made to prevent people from entering in your window wells but are easily opened from the inside in case of an emergency such as a fire.
- Debris such as toys, leafs and even snow can easily pile up in window wells if left uncovered. Colorado Custom Weldings window well covers are made with expanded metal that allows air and light to flow through but keeps most debris out of your window well.
Visit www.coloradocustomwelding.com today or email us at email@example.com to learn more about how to order your custom window well covers and feel rest assured that your family, pets and wildlife are safe.
Need a window well cover for your home? If you can measure the width and the height of your window well, Colorado Custom Welding can give you a direct quote over the phone. In order to measure your window well follow these few easy steps and than give http://www.coloradocustomwelding.com a call at 303-596-2071 or e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to get you quote.
Instructions on measuring your window well
1 Measure the width of the window well from corner to corner along the well’s front edge using a tape measure.
2 Place the tip of the tape measure against the window and pull out the tape measure to the front edge to measure the well’s depth.
3 Measure the window well’s height from the ground level to the top edge of the well’s front.
4 Check the height of the window by measuring from the top of the window to the bottom of the window well.
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7933712_measure-window-well.html#ixzz32NQBQkKP
Handrails for your stairs not only add to the atheistic appeal of your home, but they also serve a purpose. Not sure if you should put a handrail on your stairs? Here are some things to consider.
1. Check Visual Appeal
A drawing of the porch will help determine the visual appeal of handrails. For instance, if the porch will have railings around the walking deck, the porch steps may look better with handrails, even if the porch decking is just 24 inches high, for example. Adding handrails provides the opportunity to add well-made posts at the bottom of the steps on each side. These support posts can enhance the look of the house significantly from the curbside.
2. Consider Safety Concerns
Evaluate how your family will use the porch steps. If you have small children under the age of five, the handrails will provide boundaries to keep the children from toppling off the side of the steps. Even if they can’t reach the handrail tops, children gain protection from balusters in place under the handrails at the stairs.
3. Plan for Privacy
A public sidewalk in front of the house may dictate extra boundaries that are needed. For example, you can extend handrails along stairs coming off the porch to flank your own sidewalk that intersects with the public sidewalk. By extending railing beside the steps on toward the curb, you can install a security gate right where your sidewalk ends.
4. Review Step Dimensions
Extremely wide front steps may not require handrails. For example, if the porch decking is less than 30 inches high, the steps coming down from the porch are relatively easy to navigate. Just two or three steps are not a risk factor for most adults, and steps that are wider than 4 feet pose no real risk to falling off the sides of the steps. Narrow steps might require a handrail on just one side.
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_12038896_need-handrails-porch-stairs.html#ixzz3158MkAp8
If you decide that you need a railing for your front steps, make sure to visit http://www.coloradocustomwelding.com to discuss with our railing experts a custom railing that will be just right for you.
Colorado Custom Welding has been busy finishing up this unique railing for a vacation home in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. The railing features a unique design which caters to the staircase. The challenge to creating a railing for this vacation home was the fact that the railing had to go all the way up the stairs but a wall was built halfway in the staircase. This meant that the railing needed to match the handrail going the rest of the way up. Colorado Custom Welding took the challenge and was able to come up with a design that both worked with the house interior and met the need of the unique design. Visit wwww.Coloradocustomwelding.com to see what we can do for your home.
It may be tempting to go and buy a pre made window well covers from you local hardware store but be buyer beware. These window well covers are not comparable to the ones made by Colorado Custom Welding. Window well covers are each made uniquely. Just because the window wells are the same size does not mean the shape of the shape of the window well is the same. If you buy a pre made window well cover, there are often spaces and gaps which can be dangerous for pets and kids as well as make an easy point of entry for intruders.
A generic window well cover pre made. Notice the large gaps where debris, paws and feet can easily get caught.
This window well cover made by Colorado custom welding fits perfectly to the window well eliminating dangerous spaces and gaps.
Most pre made window well covers are made with wide bars which also allow space for feet, paws and debris to get stuck in. Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers use a metal material which is not wide enough for hands, feet, paws or debris to fall through, making your backyard a safe place to be which also cutting down on having to clean out your window wells because the debris stays out.
notice the wide spaces between the metal in this pre made grate
The window well cover made by Colorado custom welding has no wide gaps making it safe for your family and pets.
Window well covers can be an eye sore to your house if you get a pre made one. However, order a window well cover from Colorado Custom Welding allows you to integrate your home style with your window well cover through choosing from a multitude of custom colors that are rust resistant.
Lastly, Colorado Custom Welding’s window well covers come with a lifetime guarantee, so you can order a quality product that will last you forever. Most store bought window well covers do not come with a warranty, so if they rust, break or you are not satisfied, it is lost money out of your pocket.
Don’t waste your time or money by buying pre made window well covers. Order custom made window well covers from Colorado Custom Welding for a quality product that will last a lifetime.
Looking for a new railing but not sure what design is right for you, check out these pictures and be inspired (and don’t forget to order your custom railing at http://www.coloradocustomwelding.com)
Colorado Custom Welding was able to fix this company’s snow plow just in time for more snow to hit Colorado. Do you have something that needs to be welded. Contact us today at http://www.coloradocustomwelding.com or 303-596-2071
This staircase needed a custom railing to fit the unique design of the staircase in this vacation home in Glenwood Springs, CO.
Aside from metal window well covers, Colorado Custom Welding can make custom Lexan window well covers which can be used to help keep moisture out of basements.